New Mitsubishi I-Miev at Autosales
Testing the i-MiEV against typical UK urban usage has proved the benefits are real:
- Costs just £376 to charge for 12,000 miles driving (£2.91 per full charge based on an average of 14.39p per kWh). If you are using the Economy 7 tariff then the cost for 12,000 miles could be as little as £223 (£1.73 per full charge based on an average of 8.54p per kWh)
- Low servicing costs and downtime – only 4 major working parts compared to over 300 in a typical internal combustion engine
- The i-MiEV Mitsubishi Service Plan (MSP) covers the first three years servicing at a cost of just £300
- Servicing carried out by any one of Mitsubishi's 133 service dealers
- Exempt from road tax
- First year capital allowances for fleet vehicles
- Zero benefit-in-kind company car tax
- Exempt from London Congestion Charge
- Free parking in some London boroughs and cities such as Milton Keynes
- 5 year battery warranty and 3 year vehicle warranty
i-MiEV will fully charge in approximately 7 hours at a typical cost of £2.91 (£1.73 using Economy 7). Fully charged i-MiEV will drive up to 93 miles. Maximum range of 93 miles will vary with load, road conditions, driving style and other factors.
Average electricity price (pence/KWh) for Economy 7: 8.54p and Standard Rate: 14.39p as per UK average on 21/12/11 on www.energysavingtrust.org.uk.